Tuesday 29 March 2011

Fun with Cotton

Where does the time go? It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted, so what have I been doing??

Well, there's been work, and visiting family, and even a night out - a very rare event, which knocked me flat for two days! It was fun at the time though...heh heh.

Last night I attended a talk at NUI, Galway on The Story of Lace, given by Veronica Stuart of the Traditional Lacemakers of Ireland. I was delighted to be asked by Galway Crochet Craft to demonstrate some crochet at the event, alongside two of Veronica's very talented lace-making students. I met some very funny and interesting women on the night, and of course I'd now like to try a lace-making workshop. *Sigh*... :)

Apart from that, yes I have been crocheting. Not as much as I'd like mind you, but there never seems to be enough time! I've made some flowers:



I've also made a couple of hats, and am working on another scarf. :)
That's all for now folks - but a few questions for you:

How do you fit crochet or other creative arts into your daily routine?
Are you lucky enough to be crafting full-time, and if so, what do you think are the pros and cons of crafting for a living?
Do you enjoy it as much now that it's no longer just a hobby?

Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to hear your views. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment